Experimentation

For my first experimentation I have been looking at how I can transfer images onto wood. My plan is to recycle a wood pallet and stand them vertically.

Here are some transfers using an acrylic medium. I printed the images from an inkjet printed at the university and then painted the medium onto the wood and image.

I also looked at just cutting the images and gluing them into a piece of scrap wood. I then added making tape to the edges to make it look rough and ready like the refugees would have to do if they needed to move quickly.

Here are the transfers I did for my experiments. I wanted to make them old and rustic. Show that they have been used and recycled. The images are suppose to damaged, just like the refugees and their emotions of constantly moving.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s